Job Opportunities at Riverview
We are currently seeking a candidate for Treasurer. This is a volunteer position.
The role of this position is to ensure the financial integrity of YGRR by overseeing all aspects of our finances, including but not limited to the supervision of the maintenance of all records, the preparation of financial statements for the Board, participation in the annual audit, and creation of the project budgets.
A sound background in accounting procedures, attention to detail and strong communication skills are required. Experience with the use of accounting software such as Quickbooks is a plus. Appropriate training on the structure of YGRR’s financial position will be provided.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact
Do you love dogs and want to help care for them? We may have just the job for you! Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue has an opening for a part-time kennel worker to join our kennel team. Our Kennel workers are responsible for ensuring the health, comfort and safety of all of our rescue dogs. We are seeking a compassionate person who enjoys working with both people and animals alike. This position requires flexible day time and evening hours including weekends and holidays. Hours are flexible, but we would like to maintain a set schedule.
- Cleaning kennels
- Housekeeping duties – kitchen, dishwashing, trash, recyclables, disposing of animal waste, laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, yard clean up.
- Taking care of dogs – feeding, washing, grooming, walking, exercising.
- Transporting dogs locally.
- Assist fellow employees and other departments as needed.
- Follow safety and sanitation protocol.
- Uphold YGRR policies and procedures.
- Must have a genuine love for dogs
- MUST have at least one year of dog care experience (more than just ownership).
- Be willing to work hard and get dirty – this job is physically demanding.
- People skills/dealing with customers as well as dog skills.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Have a basic understanding of dog language, handling, health, etc.
- Be able to dispense medications and treatments to dogs with health issues.
- Be able to handle dogs of all sizes, breeds, temperament, etc.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Clean driving record.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with animal (dog) hair and dander.
If you are interested, please contact us at: email@example.com