Job Opportunities at Riverview
This is a list of current job opportunities at Riverview.
Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue has an opening for a part-time kennel worker to join our kennel team. Our Kennel workers are responsible for ensuring the health, comfort and safety of all of our rescue dogs. We are seeking a compassionate person who enjoys working with both people and animals alike. This position requires flexible day time and evening hours including weekends and holidays.
- Cleaning kennels
- Housekeeping duties – kitchen, dishwashing, trash, recyclables, disposing of animal waste, laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, and yard clean up.
- Taking care of dogs – feeding, exercising, and provide enrichment
- Transporting dogs locally.
- Assist fellow employees and other departments as needed.
- Follow safety and sanitation protocol.
- Uphold YGRR policies and procedures.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle a high stress work environment
- Must have a positive attitude
- Having at least one year of dog care experience (more than just ownership) is preferred.
- Positive reinforcement training experience preferred.
- Be willing to work hard and get dirty – this job is physically demanding.
- People skills/dealing with customers as well as dog skills.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Have a basic understanding of dog language, handling, health, etc.
- Be able to dispense medications and treatments to dogs with health issues.
- Be able to handle dogs of all sizes, breeds, temperament, etc.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com