Job Opportunities at Riverview
This is a list of current job opportunities at Riverview including Golden Goodies, Kennel help, and volunteer board positions
We are currently seeking Board of Director candidates for Treasurer and IT professional. These are volunteer positions.
The role of this position is to ensure the financial integrity of YGRR by overseeing all aspects of our finances, including but not limited to the supervision of the maintenance of all records, the preparation of financial statements for the Board, participation in the annual audit, and creation of the project budgets.
A sound background in accounting procedures, attention to detail and strong communication skills are required. Experience with the use of accounting software such as Quick books is a plus. Appropriate training on the structure of YGRR’s financial position will be provided.
We are seeking a computer professional with expertise in the area of software. Someone who can advise and support the computer needs of all departments. This person would ideally help lead us to the next level of expansion with our membership database, dog database, retail operation, and all of our record keeping needs.
This candidate would be available to troubleshoot and answer questions for staff as challenges occur. Knowledge of Woo Commerce, Word Press, Quick Books, Access, would be beneficial.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact:
Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue has an opening for a part-time kennel worker to join our kennel team. Our Kennel workers are responsible for ensuring the health, comfort and safety of all of our rescue dogs. We are seeking a compassionate person who enjoys working with both people and animals alike. This position requires flexible day time and evening hours including weekends and holidays.
- Cleaning kennels
- Housekeeping duties – kitchen, dishwashing, trash, recyclables, disposing of animal waste, laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, and yard clean up.
- Taking care of dogs – feeding, exercising, and provide enrichment
- Transporting dogs locally.
- Assist fellow employees and other departments as needed.
- Follow safety and sanitation protocol.
- Uphold YGRR policies and procedures.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle a high stress work environment
- Must have a positive attitude
- Having at least one year of dog care experience (more than just ownership) is preferred.
- Positive reinforcement training experience preferred.
- Be willing to work hard and get dirty – this job is physically demanding.
- People skills/dealing with customers as well as dog skills.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Have a basic understanding of dog language, handling, health, etc.
- Be able to dispense medications and treatments to dogs with health issues.
- Be able to handle dogs of all sizes, breeds, temperament, etc.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested, please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Retail – Golden Goodies
Are you looking for a meaningful part time retail job? Look no further! 100% of all of our profits go toward the care of Golden Retrievers and Golden mixes at Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue. YGRR Golden Goodies is gearing up for our busiest holiday season ever, and it is starting now! This position is unlike other retail jobs in that there are NO nights and few weekends required. The schedule is flexible. Hours range from 9 to 20 hours a week, hours of operation 9AM-6PM. This position is ideal for a stay at home mom, retiree, high school or college student. Please note: you will be working in an area that has dogs, containing pet dander and fur.
- Interact with customers on the phone
- operate a cash register POS system
- make phone calls to vendors
- print and pack orders
- move completed orders to package pick up area
- enter inventory onto the website
- lift up to 50 lbs
- taking trash and recycling to dumpsters
- sweeping, dusting, keeping an organized work environment
- proof reading
- writing product descriptions and taking photos
- assisting other departments if needed
- general computer skills
- phone skills
- customer service
- retail experience
- verbal and written communication skills
- online sales experience
- works independently and as part of a team
- self starter
- detail oriented
Please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com